1/1 Photo of Linguini With Canned Tuna
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This is a very nice main dish for two made with pantry ingredients. It goes together easily and the flavor is excellent. Be sure to use tuna packed in oil as it is more flavorful. I love the taste of the fennel in this. I am not sure of the source of this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried linguine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped canned tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When boiling, cook the linguini.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet and add the garlic, red pepper flakes and fennel seeds. Cook until garlic is golden.
- 3Add the tuna and sea salt. Then add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer 4 minutes. Add the lemon zest.
- 4Drain the cooked linguini and add to the pan with the tuna mixture. Toss gently and serve, garnished with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini With Canned Tuna
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.3
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 1115.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 45.2 g