Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 32 mins
This linguini is topped with a combination of shrimp,oysters and sun-dried tomatoes in a spicy Cajun sauce. From a September 1986 issue of Bon Appetit in the R.S.V.P. section. The recipe was requested from Charley's Eating and Drinking Saloon in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- 6 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, shells reserved
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 5 white peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (white part only)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, pureed
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 6 large oysters, shucked
- 4 ounces linguine, freshly cooked
- 1⁄2 ounce sun-dried tomato, cut julienne
Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt 1/2 t. white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine shrimp shells, water,vermouth,peppercorns and bay leaf in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until stock is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 30 minutes; strain shrimp stock.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp,green onions,garlic and seasoning mix and stir 1 minute.
- Add shrimp stock, remaining butter and oysters and swirl skillet until butter is incorporated.
- Add linguini and tomatoes and heat through; serve immediately.
- Cajun Seasoning Mix (makes about 1 tablespoon).
- Mix all ingredients. Store in jar.