Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Cornell Cooperative Extension. This recipe came from Vegetable Cookbook.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- Cook broccoli flowerets in boiling water to cover 1 minute.
- They should be crisp-tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan; add minced garlic and cook over low heat until garlic is barely colored.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook the pasta in 5 quarts of rapidly boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking put the reserved broccoli in with the garlic and oil and heat through for a minute or 2.
- Drain pasta and place it in a warmed serving dish.
- Add butter; toss well and pour on the broccoli sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately with ground pepper to taste.