Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this wonderful recipe on the internet from a Travel Guide site. The introduction said this particular dish was enjoyed by Bob and Dolores Hope. We think this dish is great!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked aldente (about 8-10 minutes)
- sliced black olives
- Combine oil, butter, flour and chicken broth or vegetable broth, and simmer until it thickens.
- Add garlic, chopped artichoke hearts, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook over low heat until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
- Add capers and parsley.
- Toss linguini with pasta sauce, and sprinkle with sliced black olives.
One of my biggest cooking problems is the sauces never quite marry. The flavors in this sauce came together perfectly. Savory, creamy, wonderful. I will make this again. Nice recipe, Miss Annie. (Reposting 2/10/04 - Linda, your renaming is appropo! It IS that good! Maybe not better...)
This is sooooo good. I made a few changes (only because I didn't have some ingredients). I used tomato basil fettuccine instead of linguini and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. I also added some cooked shrimp and renamed it. I'm calling it "Better Than Sex Pasta." Yummm.
Perfect for the five minute gourmet!