Recipe by Miss Annie
I found this wonderful recipe on the internet from a Travel Guide site. The introduction said this particular dish was enjoyed by Bob and Dolores Hope. We think this dish is great!
Top Review by sidMILB
One of my biggest cooking problems is the sauces never quite marry. The flavors in this sauce came together perfectly. Savory, creamy, wonderful. I will make this again. Nice recipe, Miss Annie. (Reposting 2/10/04 - Linda, your renaming is appropo! It IS that good! Maybe not better...)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked aldente (about 8-10 minutes)
- sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, butter, flour and chicken broth or vegetable broth, and simmer until it thickens.
- Add garlic, chopped artichoke hearts, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook over low heat until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
- Add capers and parsley.
- Toss linguini with pasta sauce, and sprinkle with sliced black olives.