Recipe by Chippy
Shrimp and mushrooms combined with a creamy herb sauce and tossed with linguini
Top Review by Theresa P
I thought this was very good ! A nice quick meal to help use up that bag of shrimp I had in the freezer . This was very rich and creamy and the garlic was perfect in this ! Not overpowering , as I thought it might be !
- 500 g linguine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the linguini and drain.
- Saute mushrooms and onion until soft and most of liquid has been absorbed.
- Melt the butter with the garlic and then stir in the cream cheese until it is melted.
- Add parsley and basil and simmer for 5 minutes This will be lumpy.
- Stir in boiling water, to create a smooth sauce.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and shrimp and heat unit hot, but not boiling.
- Toss with linguini and serve with parmesan cheese on top.