Recipe by Vicki in CT
Nice summer salad. From the Alliance to End Homelessness cookbook, Open House.
Top Review by jrtfan
I have been making this salad a number of years now. Have to admit I never add mushrooms, but will certainly try them next time. And I use angel hair pasta, broken up instead of linguini. Excellent recipe and very quick! It is a wonderful cool salad when fresh veggies are in season! Thanks for posting!
- 16 ounces linguine
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Break linguini into thirds and cook al dente by package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms,cucumber, and salad dressing. Toss well.
- Chill for several hours to blend flavors. Stir occasionally.
- Top with fresh chopped basil when ready to serve.