Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe because it has fairly common ingredients, doesn't call for wine and is very flavorful!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans chopped clams
- 1 bottle clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley (dried is fine)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- parmesan cheese
- Heat butter and oil, add garlic and cook slowly until golden.
- Drain clams, reserve liquid and add enough bottled clam juice to make 2 Cups.
- Stir the liquid into the butter mixture and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped clams, parsley, salt and pepper and heat through.
- Cook the linguini in boiling water, following package directions.
- Pour the sauce over.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired, and enjoy with garlic bread!
Made this for my wife for her birthday yesterday along w/ grilled tuna w/ Cajun butter topping. I doubled the garlic, added jumbo shrimp and chopped a thick slice of Vidalia onion to sauté. There was 6 adults at the party and we used 1 lbs of linguini and it was just the right amount. The other 2 couples left w/ the recipe. I would say that rates a 5 star!
This is so Good!
It's simple -n- Quick!!
I give it 5 Stars!!!!!
We loved this. It was so simple and so fast and I also like how you didn't need cream for this. I halved the amount of butter needed for this and increased the olive oil a bit. I also cut up some jumbo shrimp and tossed it in. My husband wants me to make this often now! thanks for sharing this recipe.