Recipe by foundewe
I love this recipe because it has fairly common ingredients, doesn't call for wine and is very flavorful!
Top Review by baltisraul
Made this for my wife for her birthday yesterday along w/ grilled tuna w/ Cajun butter topping. I doubled the garlic, added jumbo shrimp and chopped a thick slice of Vidalia onion to sauté. There was 6 adults at the party and we used 1 lbs of linguini and it was just the right amount. The other 2 couples left w/ the recipe. I would say that rates a 5 star!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans chopped clams
- 1 bottle clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley (dried is fine)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil, add garlic and cook slowly until golden.
- Drain clams, reserve liquid and add enough bottled clam juice to make 2 Cups.
- Stir the liquid into the butter mixture and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped clams, parsley, salt and pepper and heat through.
- Cook the linguini in boiling water, following package directions.
- Pour the sauce over.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired, and enjoy with garlic bread!