Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My own version of an old favorite.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 (6 ounce) cans clams, drained juice reserved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream or 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Cook linguini according to package directions. Drain. Meanwhile, make the sauce as follows.
- Melt butter with oil in saucepan. Add clams and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, basil, parsley, salt and pepper and simmer.
- In separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk cornstarch with 1/2 cup clam juice. Add to butter/clam mixture. Add cream or half & half, parmesan cheese, and wine.
- Boil for one minute, then stir the sauce in with the drained pasta.
I've used this recipe many times. My family loves it.