My own version of an old favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 (6 ounce) cans clams, drained juice reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1Cook linguini according to package directions. Drain. Meanwhile, make the sauce as follows.
- 2Melt butter with oil in saucepan. Add clams and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in oregano, basil, parsley, salt and pepper and simmer.
- 4In separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk cornstarch with 1/2 cup clam juice. Add to butter/clam mixture. Add cream or half & half, parmesan cheese, and wine.
- 5Boil for one minute, then stir the sauce in with the drained pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini and Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.1
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 615.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 35.0 g