Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of a copycat recipe from a wonderful Italian restaurant in Annapolis, MD, MARIA'S SICILIAN RISTORANTE. We fight over seconds in this household!
- 1 (12 ounce) box linguine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced (suit to your taste)
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 4 -5 leaves fresh basil, minced
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball, diced (not the block of hard mozzarella)
- Bring pot of water to boil. Salt heavily. Add linguini. Cook to al dente, drain.
- Drizzle oil in large skillet, aprx. 4 rotations. throw in onions and saute on medium for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil, salt to taste and 1-2 tsp butter and saute until onions are soft. You do not want to burn the garlic so watch temp accordingly.
- Add tomatoes and linguine, toss until heated then add mozzarella. Heat until cheese begins to soften.
This is one heck of a delicious pasta recipe - outstanding!