Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
This is a light, summery dinner with little preparation involved, and easy clean up. It came from an extremely old issue of Shape magazine (sorry, can't recall which issue!).
- 6 large tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, skinned & halved
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 12 ounces linguine
- Marinate tomatoes, oil garlic and basil together for 2 hours.
- Remove garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, and a little cayenne to taste.
- Toss with hot, drained linguini.
- (Marinate on countertop, so it will be at room temperature when serving on linguini).
I followed this loosely and it came out excellent. I marinated as directed then just before the pasta was ready, I sauteed extra garlic in a skillet with extra olive oil, a little butter, and some crushed red pepper, then added a little dry sherry and reduced, then added all of the marinating tomato mixture. Once that was hot, I added the almost done pasta along with a little of the pasta water and tossed over medium-high heat until it was good and bubbly. Grated a little parmesan over the final result and served. Delicioso! Thanks.