Recipe by Ed&Theresa
From an Italian restaurant in R.I., we made a few changes. Oh so good.
Top Review by Q & A's Mom
This sauce is wonderful; so tasty. I made for dinner and had enough to freeze for another dinner. I did not add the second can of tomatoes only because I started the sauce in a smaller pot and would not fit. So, the one I froze was a little dry, so just added a little jarred marinara. Thank you for posting. Awesome sauce, will keep making again and again.
- 680.38 g linguine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 226.79 g ground pork
- 283.49 g pancetta, diced
- 2 (1587.57 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 8-10 whole basil leaves
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 0.59 ml rosemary
- 14.79 ml italian dry herb seasoning mix
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and garlic and cook until garlic start to brown.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery, and cook until the onions become translucent.
- In a separate saute pan brown the pancetta.
- When the onions are translucent, deglazed the pan with the white wine and allow to cook off before adding the beef and pork.
- Drain the fat from the pancetta and add to the meat mixture.
- As the meat cooks, slowly lower the heat until it's on low.
- When the meats are finished, strain the fat and discard it.
- Now add the rest of ingredients.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sever over linguine.