Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
Attention mushroom lovers! This recipe is for you. Not only is it easy to make...it's got great flavor too! Any type of dried mushrooms can be found in the produce department of your local grocery store. Prep time includes soaking time.
- 1 (14 g) packagedried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely sliced green onion
- 8 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced fresh portabellini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (10% cream)
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Soak dried mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Drain well, reserving liquid.
- Slice softened mushrooms into thin strips and set aside.
- In a large frying pan (or wok), melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions and fresh mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle mushrooms with flour.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the reserved mushroom liquid and cook, uncovered, until liquid has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook 10 minutes or until sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in parsley and softened porcini mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook linguine for about 10 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Drain and toss with mushroom sauce.
- Serve immediately.