Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This linguine is an altered recipe to reduce the fat and calories
- 2 tablespoons very light butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 can minced clams, drained
- 4 cups of hot linguine, cooked (it's about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Drain baby clams in a pot with the holes in it, over a bowl, reserving the juice.
- Heat the butter and canola oil in a meduim saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic,and saute it for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in the reserved juice, wine, parsley, thyme and black pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the baby clams and the minced clams and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve clam sauce over pasta.