Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, Finely chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- Melt margarine in saucepot; add oil; heat.
- Saute garlic and clams in hot oil mixture over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain well.
- Return to pot; add sauce; toss lightly.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
I used this recipe as a starting point for my own modified version. I used less butter and added half&half as well as some white wine & mixed in about 1/3 cup parmesan cheese. My 4-year old had 3 helpings!
This is a good recipe....lots of clams--yum! The only thing is that I think it is too oily with the 1/3 cup olive oil in addition to the butter. I did actually add some clam juice to the sauce. I will make this again, but next time I will omit the olive oil and replace it with clam juice and milk.