Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is sure to please all the clam (and pasta!) lovers at home.
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml minced clams, and their liquor
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 907.18 g fresh clams
- 453.59 g linguine, cooked until al dente
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley
- Heat 2 tblsps of the olive oil and the butter in a saucepan.
- Saute 3 garlic cloves until soft, but not browned.
- Add ½ cup wine, minced clams, flour and mix well.
- Add cream and cook on low heat until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile heat remaining 2 tblsps olive oil and add whole clams and garlic.
- Add remaining wine and steam until open.
- Toss cooked linguine with cream sauce, top with whole clams, sprinkle minced parsley over generously.
OMG, we loved this. I did do the steaming of the clams first, took the out and covered them with foil, them preceded with the recipe from step one. I seasoned with salt and pepper then kicked it up with a splash of lemon and a sprinkle of cayenne, this recipe hit the spot for my craving for linguini and clam sauce, absolutely delightful!
I love Linguine with clam sauce and has all the ingredients on hand. I'm glad I did because this is a great recipe for a classic. My only substition was to use whole wheat spaghetti (it's what I had) but equally delicious and satisfying. Thanks for sharing. I'm posting pictures.
Just made this, very enjoyable. I made a few adjustments, mainly used half the wine and only 3/4 cup of cream, still very delicious. Also I used only canned clams as I was too lazy to wait for fresh ones to cook!! Will definitely make again. Thanks for the recipe :)