Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is sure to please all the clam (and pasta!) lovers at home.
Make and share this Linguine with White Clam Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 2 tblsps of the olive oil and the butter in a saucepan.
- Saute 3 garlic cloves until soft, but not browned.
- Add ½ cup wine, minced clams, flour and mix well.
- Add cream and cook on low heat until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile heat remaining 2 tblsps olive oil and add whole clams and garlic.
- Add remaining wine and steam until open.
- Toss cooked linguine with cream sauce, top with whole clams, sprinkle minced parsley over generously.
OMG, we loved this. I did do the steaming of the clams first, took the out and covered them with foil, them preceded with the recipe from step one. I seasoned with salt and pepper then kicked it up with a splash of lemon and a sprinkle of cayenne, this recipe hit the spot for my craving for linguini and clam sauce, absolutely delightful!
I love Linguine with clam sauce and has all the ingredients on hand. I'm glad I did because this is a great recipe for a classic. My only substition was to use whole wheat spaghetti (it's what I had) but equally delicious and satisfying. Thanks for sharing. I'm posting pictures.
Just made this, very enjoyable. I made a few adjustments, mainly used half the wine and only 3/4 cup of cream, still very delicious. Also I used only canned clams as I was too lazy to wait for fresh ones to cook!! Will definitely make again. Thanks for the recipe :)