Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a lighter tasting version if you add milk instead of cream, but is still not for the diet weary.
- 2 (8 ounce) canseach clams, approximate, drained, reserving liquid from one can & clams rinsed thoroughly
- light cream or milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- parmesan cheese
- Combine reserved clam juice and milk to make 2 cups.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour,salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in milk mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in clams, parsley, and wine.
- Heat through.
- Serve over cooked linguine and pass around parmesan cheese.