Recipe by Jaymee
Simply delicious linguine with clams. Bold and spicy, you will just love this. Quick and easy to make too with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- 2 cans chopped clams, drained reserving 1/2 cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (fresh is even better)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces linguine
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin preparing linguine according to package directions.
- In saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- (Use as much or as little pepper flakes as you like, this can get HOT. I like mine to burn just a little!!) Cook just until onions start becoming transparent.
- Toward the end of the cooking time, throw in the oregano and basil.
- When onion mixture is done, add the chopped clams, the reserved liquid, and the wine.
- Simmer about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add parsley and simmer one minute more.
- Add clam mixture to your large pot of well drained linguine and mix gently.
- Douse generously with freshly grated parmesan cheese.