Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simply delicious linguine with clams. Bold and spicy, you will just love this. Quick and easy to make too with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- 2 cans chopped clams, drained reserving 1/2 cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (fresh is even better)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces linguine
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Begin preparing linguine according to package directions.
- In saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- (Use as much or as little pepper flakes as you like, this can get HOT. I like mine to burn just a little!!) Cook just until onions start becoming transparent.
- Toward the end of the cooking time, throw in the oregano and basil.
- When onion mixture is done, add the chopped clams, the reserved liquid, and the wine.
- Simmer about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add parsley and simmer one minute more.
- Add clam mixture to your large pot of well drained linguine and mix gently.
- Douse generously with freshly grated parmesan cheese.