Recipe by Timothy H.
This is one of my favorites that I have every so often.It always turns out good as long as you do not over cook the pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh garlic
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb linguine, cooked according to package directions
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add parsley and garlic; sauté until garlic just begins to color, about 45 seconds. Add the reserved clam juices, heavy cream, wine and salt.
- Simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped clams and freshly cooked linguine to pan and toss until sauce coats pasta thickly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve, passing Parmesan, as desired.