Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This tastes like linguine I've eaten in Italian restaurants. It is quick and easy, and has become a favorite in our house.
- 226.79 g linguine
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped,including greens
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2 can chopped clams, with juice (or you can add a third can if you like a lot of clams)
- Prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and leeks, and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook over high heat until reduced by half.
- Watch it carefully, stir it and make sure it does not burn.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in clams with juice.
- Heat through and add pasta.
- Cover tightly and cook over LOW heat (DO NOT BOIL) 2-3 minutes so pasta begins to absorb some of the broth.
- Serve immediately.
Hi papergoddess; It is too bad that the stars do not go beyond the 5 shown, as your recipe deserves a 12 for sure. Thoroughly enjoyed the sauce and used some fresh sourdough bread for dipping and cleaning up my plate. Thanks for sharing this with us. "Uncle Bill"
My DH insisted that he hated clams. Well, I made this for him and he changed his mind! The only thing I did different was triple the garlic. Good stuff!
Very simple and easy to make, but the husband and I both felt like it was missing something... we just couldn't figure out what. I followed the directions pretty closely except I added about 4 more cloves of garlic (we loooove garlic). It was just a little too bland for us. Maybe next time I'll add another can of clams (we used 2 cans this time).