Recipe by papergoddess
This tastes like linguine I've eaten in Italian restaurants. It is quick and easy, and has become a favorite in our house.
Top Review by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Hi papergoddess; It is too bad that the stars do not go beyond the 5 shown, as your recipe deserves a 12 for sure. Thoroughly enjoyed the sauce and used some fresh sourdough bread for dipping and cleaning up my plate. Thanks for sharing this with us. "Uncle Bill"
- 226.79 g linguine
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped,including greens
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2 can chopped clams, with juice (or you can add a third can if you like a lot of clams)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and leeks, and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook over high heat until reduced by half.
- Watch it carefully, stir it and make sure it does not burn.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in clams with juice.
- Heat through and add pasta.
- Cover tightly and cook over LOW heat (DO NOT BOIL) 2-3 minutes so pasta begins to absorb some of the broth.
- Serve immediately.