Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was adapted from Great Recipes For Good Health. It's easy to make and has great flavor. I usually serve it with a loaf of crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby clams, drained,rinsed well and drained again
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- Cook linguine in boiling water for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large heavy frying pan over moderate heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until both are soft but not browned.
- Blend in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the clam juice and chicken broth and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in the clams and the cheese.
- Add the cooked linguine and cook for 1 minute or until pasta is heated through.
- Stir in the parsley and serve immediately.