Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a little something I came up to have a quick, elegant meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) cansmall whole clams
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- hot cooked linguine
- Melt olive oil with butter in a large heavy skillet over med heat.
- Add onions and saute and 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook for another minute or so.
- Stir in juice from clams, wine, marjoram, oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, and lemon juice. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add clams and heat through.
- Take off of the heat and stir in 1/2 of the parmesan.
- Serve in bowls over cooked linguine and sprinkle remaining parmesan.