Recipe by English_Rose
Linguine with a piquante and peppery sauce made from watercress, anchovies and capers... From UK mag Good Food. If you can't find watercress, arugula can be subbed.
- 10 ounces linguine or 10 ounces spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 6 anchovies packed in oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces watercress
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until it is tender.
- Put garlic, anchovies and capers into a food processor and blend well.
- Add the watercress and blend again.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the oil to make a soft paste.
- Mix four tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to the sauce then season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, stir in the sauce and serve with plenty of black pepper.