1/1 Photo of Linguine With Turkey Saute
Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
This light, tasty casserole is a good way to use left-over holiday turkey. It's a healthy alternative to those traditional post-holiday meals of gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce. This is the recipe as written, but since I find the sage to be a little overpowering, I use less. Sometimes I substitute the sage for dill and add chopped garlic. The beauty of this recipe is that you can flavor it almost any way that you want to; make it spicy or not, depending on your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup herb stuffing mix, crushed
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Prepare pasta according to directions (6- 8 minutes).
- 2Two minutes before pasta is done, add broccoli flowerets to water.
- 3Cook 2 minutes; drain pasta and broccoli in colander.
- 4In a large skillet, warm the butter over medium heat.
- 5Add the onion, carrots, and celery; saute 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in the flour.
- 7Add the chicken broth and sage; stir in the turkey meat.
- 8Stir until the sauce comes to a simmer; simmer 1 minute.
- 9Pour turkey saute over the pasta.
- 10Sprinkle the stuffing mix on top.
- 11Serve immediately.
- 12(We like to spinkle on Parmesean cheese at the table).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Turkey Saute
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb stuffing mix