Recipe by tigerduck
Easy, cheap, and delicious weekday meal. The ginger adds a nice touch. This can also be served as a first course at a dinner party (halve the ingredients). Recipe source is the 'Good Food' magazine (April 2004). Use spaghetti instead of the linguine if you like, or try the sauce with Asian style noodles.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I added evaporated milk to the drained diced tomatoes and added to the spices and herb & simmered. Then two 6oz cans of drained tuna in olive oil with spagetti noodles.It was good.I added Mrs. Dash and black pepper also for DH.Would make again.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (1cm)
- 1 lb passata (creamed tomatoes, 450g)
- 400 g canned tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked (14oz)
- 375 g linguine (14oz, or spaghetti or Asian style noodles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the SAUCE:.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan. Toss in 2 tbsp of the parsley, the garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for a few minutes until slightly soft. Tip in the tomatoes and cook for another few minutes. Fold in the tuna and season the sauce generously. Leave the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil the PASTA:.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain, then return to the pan. Pour the tuna sauce into the pasta and toss well.
- Divide between four bowls, sprinkle over the remaining parsley and serve.