Recipe by tornadoes three
This is a recipe that stands well by itself or served as a side dish. Adding shrimp or scallops is ideal. Bon Appetit 2007
- 3 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, divided, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Purée 2 1/2 cups tomatoes, wine, and garlic in blender. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato puree and olives. Cook until sauce begins to thicken, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta, parsley, basil, and vinegar to sauce in skillet. Toss over medium high heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in remaining 1 cup tomatoes and half of cheese. Mound pasta in bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.