Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Bon Appetit, this is a wonderfully flavorful summer time pasta.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided (about 7)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese, divided (5-6 oz.)
- Puree 2 1/1 cups tomates, wine and garlic in blender. Heat olive in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato puree and olives. Cook until sauce begins to thicken, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta, parsley, basil, and vineger to sauce in skillet. Toss over medium-high heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in remaining 1 cup of tomatoes and half of cheese. Mound pasta in bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.