Recipe by keen5
This is very good and although it's meatless, I like to serve it as a main dish with warm bread and a salad.
Top Review by vap
This one's a keeper. I made some changes but still gave it 5 stars because I think it's one of those recipes you can do a LOT with. I doubled the pasta (& used a little more of all the other stuff), used olive oil, fresh basil (no parsley on hand), mozzarella instead of swiss, a tsp. hot pepper flakes and garlic. It was absolutely perfect for us this way. That said, I'm sure it's delicious as is--I cook a lot so I know what we would like & usually change recipes. I will try this with shrimp, maybe mushrooms some time.
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, seeded,cut into strips
- 2 -3 cups sliced zucchini
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded,cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere or 1⁄2 cup other swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add green pepper and cook a few minutes more.
- Combine with remaining ingredients, reserving a few tablespoons Parmesan cheese for the top.
- Place in buttered 2 quart casserole and top with cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
- Do not overcook.