Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yet another pasta puttanesca type recipe, adapted from a Gordon Ramsay recipe.
Make and share this Linguine With Tomato, Anchovy, and Chile recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried linguine
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil, for frying and drizzling
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 dried red chili, seeded and crumbled (I use an arbol, but use a hotter type if you like)
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies packed in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 8 ounces pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) canmuir glen fire-roasted tomatoes
- basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente, according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a wide high-sided frying pan or sauté pan over a medium heat and add some olive oil. Fry the garlic, chile and anchovies for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is aromatic and the anchovies are beginning to melt into the oil.
- Add the olives, capers and tomatoes to the pan and stir over a medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss in to the pan with the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary (you probably won't need any salt because of the saltiness of the anchovies, olives and capers).
- Serve drizzled with a little olive oil and garnished with basil leaves.