Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Like an Italian flag, this flavorsome dish combines the colors red, green and white.
Linguine and vegetables
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini (cut in long thin slices)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 lb red bell pepper (cut in long thin slices)
Sauce and topping
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons olives (green, chopped)
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds, kernels (roasted, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive (green, sliced for topping)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, kernels (roasted, for topping)
- Bring salted water to boil and cook your linguine as described on the product package.
- In the meanwhile fry the red bel peppers 5 minutes in oil, add garlic and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Blanch zucchini until soft.
- Mix pesto, chopped olives, and chopped sunflower kernels together.
- Arrange hot linguine in 4 single plates.
- Adjust first zucchini and then the red bell peppers on linguine.
- Spoon pesto mix on them.
- Top with sliced olives and sunflower kernels.
I enjoyed this! I scaled the recipe back for one, used red and green bell pepper and threw in a little soy chorizo. I did use just a little more pesto to my taste. Thanks for a lovely and healthy dish! Made for the Hidden Gems contest and this was a hidden gem!