Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious way to serve swiss chard with just a little bite from the red pepper flakes. From Redbook.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb, coarse
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs swiss chard, stalks thinly sliced, leaves cut into large pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape into a small bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, wipe out skillet.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is golden but not brown, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in Swiss chard.
- Stir in salt and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until Swiss chard is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add additional water if chard becomes dry.
- Drain linguine and return to pot, add Swiss chard, and toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with crumbs.
Very good, just next time will put a little less bread crumbs. Could easily also add mushrooms. And i used to think that I didn't like chard. :)
Nice flavor--garlic and crushed red pepper compliment it wonderfully.