Recipe by Barb in WNY
A pasta recipe I've been wanting to try. It sounds unique. I don't know the original source for this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sweet red peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes in puree, canned
- 1⁄2 ripe pear (Barlett, Anjou, or Comice, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced finely
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil and sauté peppers and carrots, over medium heat, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until very tender.
- In the meantime, cook pasta until tender. Drain.
- Puree vegetables in a food processor, adjust seasonings, and toss with the cooked pasta.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese and parsley.