1 hr 15 mins
Barb in WNY's Note:
A pasta recipe I've been wanting to try. It sounds unique. I don't know the original source for this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sweet red peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes in puree, canned
- 1/2 ripe pear (Barlett, Anjou, or Comice, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced finely
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil and sauté peppers and carrots, over medium heat, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until very tender.
- 3In the meantime, cook pasta until tender. Drain.
- 4Puree vegetables in a food processor, adjust seasonings, and toss with the cooked pasta.
- 5Serve hot garnished with cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 68.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes in puree