Recipe by jovigirl
This is a delicious vegetarian dinner. The recipe can be easily cut in half. Its quick and easy too!
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄4 cups roasted red peppers
- 1 1⁄4 cups roasted yellow peppers
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain noodles, dress with a little olive oil, and reserve in a warmed serving bowl.
- Heat oil, and onion.
- Sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue sautéing until fragrant.
- Add the peppers, 1/2 cup of water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over very low heat until peppers begin to fall apart.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve, reserving the vegetables only.
- Add the warmed cream and stir.
- Keep the sauce warm.
- Toss hot sauce with pasta.
- I usually toss it in a sauté pan to warm it through.
- serve immediately.