Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious Pasta recipe
Make and share this Linguine With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (in olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet dried linguine
- ground black pepper
- basil leaves, to garnish
- parmesan cheese, shavings to serve
- Put the pine nuts in a small non-stick frying pan and toss over a low heat for 1-2 minutes or until the nuts are lightly toasted and golden.
- Tip the nuts into a food processor.
- Add the Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic, with pepper to taste.
- Process until finely chopped.
- With the machine running, gradually add the oil through the feeder tube until it has all been incorporated evenly and the ingredients have formed a smooth paste.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, Drain well, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Tip the pasta into a warmed bowl, add the pesto and a few spoonfuls of the hot water and toss well.
- Serve immediately garnished with the basil leaves and Parmesan shavings.
I thought this was a very tasty sauce. It was very easy to prepare - just whirl a few ingredients in the food processor and you are done. My family wasn't wild about it - they found the garlic a bit too raw tasting and could use some additional seasonings, especially salt. I, however, thought it was quite tasty and would make it again. I would, however, prefer to use roasted garlic and grind up some of the basil into the sauce itself next time, as well as adding some salt.
I love the combination of Sundried tomatoes and pesto - quick easy recipe. The raw garlic flavor is great. I cut back the oil to 2 tbsp and added 4 tbsp of fresh chopped Basil. Used lots of Parmesan on top. Served with Pork cutlets, steamed green beans, sugar snap peas and steamed carrots - Thanks Evie for a lovely dinner