Recipe by A la Carte
I first had this made for me by an Italian friend. In the summer I love to cook on the BBQ, but tend to crave a change once in a while. This fits the bill! It tastes so fresh and summery. (This makes a good batch, so use what you need and then freeze the rest for another day).
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 6 lbs ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, torn
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and serve with the fresh tomato sauce.
- You can either mix the ingredients together and serve, or for a smooth sauce, in a blender combine all. Process briefly to a course puree.
- If you make this ahead of time, the flavors with mingle and improve.
- You can freeze in a ziplock bag (flavor will improve further) thaw in fridge and pour over warm pasta for a summer dish.