Recipe by eyeknit
This is a recipe from RealSimple magazine, Dec-Jan 05 issue. This was very quick, easy and delicious.
Top Review by DinnerBelle
This gets high points for ease: once the squash is peeled there's nothing to it! But I was not completely happy with the flavor. To me the bacon was overwhelming. I might try the same idea again, without bacon and maybe roasting the squash first to bring our its flavor.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled,seeded,and diced (4 to 5 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 (1 lb) package linguine, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel, then crumble or break into pieces; set aside.
- Drain all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add the squash and garlic to the skillet and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and salt.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the squash is cooked through and softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add half the goat cheese and stir well to combine.
- Place the cooked linguine in a large bowl.
- Stir the sauce into the linguine and toss well to coat.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and add the reserved bacon, the remaining goat cheese, and the pepper.
- Serve immediately.