Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful, simple, tasty meatless pasta dish, full of flavor and very satisfying!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 10 ounces dry linguine
- 10 ounces spinach, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a nonstick skilled over medium heat.
- Add almonds and saute 1 minute until light brown.
- Add breadcrumbs and garlic, cook 2 minutes or until golden, stirring occaisionally.
- Stir in 1 Tbs lemon juice, cook 1 minute or until breadcrumbs are dry. Stir in lemon zest, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining pasta, add spinach to the colander first, then drain pasta on top of spinach.
- Immediately return pasta and spinach to the pot, tossing gently until spinach wilts.
- Add breadcrumb mixture to pot; toss gently. In a separate bowl, combine remaining 2 tsp olive oil, remaining 1 Tbs lemon juice, veggie broth, and salt; drizzle this mixture over the pasta in the pot, toss until well blended.
- Top with parmesan cheese to taste, and serve immediately.
Delicious! We didn't have the full 10 oz of spinach on hand, so next time it'll be nice to have the full amount. I also added more lemon to mine because I love lemon, but DH thought it was perfect as is. Will definitely make again!