Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is so good, quick and easy to make. It's been a staple in our house for many years now. I tend to add more crushed red pepper flakes then the recipe calls for just to get a little extra heat but it is a great meal just the way it is too. I got this recipe from Woman's Day Low-Fat Meals Magazine, Page 85, from May of 1995
- 340.19 g linguine
- 340.19 g fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml smooth peanut butter
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed,seeded and sliced very thin
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well and transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, over low heat, combine all ingredients except shrimp.
- Cover and simmer for 2 mins or until sauce is smooth.
- Add shrimp and simmer for another minute or so being careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Original recipe calls for pasta and sauce to be mixed altogether in serving bowl but I don't do it that way.
- Rather, I leave the sauce in the pan and let family spoon it over their pasta themselves.
What a great tasting dish and so easy to make! I did not add any jalapeno because I was afraid it would be too hot for my taste. Otherwise, I followed your instruction exactly. The sauce was superb and I will be making this dish again and again. Thanks so much for sharing this great dish! :-)
This recipe is easy to make and so delicious. My son asked for a copy for friends. Need I say more?
This goes together so quickly, it really is perfect for a weeknight dinner. I made this exactly as posted and found it to be very pleasant. However, even with the crushed red pepper and the jalapeno, I felt it needed a bit more punch. I ended up adding some more soy sauce for added flavor. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2012.