This one comes from Giada's cook book and I have not yet personally tried it but it sounds perfect! I'm posting it here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups clam juice, bottled
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 4 lbs manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs linguine
- black pepper, freshly ground and to taste
- 1Heat the oil in a very large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Saute' until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the tomatoes with their juice, clam juice, and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium and simmer uncovered until the liquid reduces by one third, about 30 minutes.
- 3Add the clams, cover, and simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, just until the clams open (discard any clams that don't open), about 8 minutes. Remove the pot from heat. Using a slotted spoon transfer the clams to a large bowl and cover to keep them warm. Stir the parsley and butter into the pot.
- 4Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook, stirring frequently to prevent the pasta from sticking together, until tender but still firm to bite, about 8 minutes.
- 5Drain. Ad the linguine to the sauce and toss until the sauce thickens slightly and coats the linguine. Season the pasta generously with salt and black pepper. Transfer to bowls and tops with clam sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Spicy Red Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 774.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 23.3 g