Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a flavorful pasta dish - it works either as a main course or as a side dish. Playing with the red peppers has a marked effect on how spicy the dish is, allowing you to titrate the heat to fit your tastes.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 2 cans clams, drained (6 ounces each)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Add broth, salt, red, and black pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook linguine al dente.
- Add clams and parsley to skillet.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and serve with Parmesan cheese.