Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Linguine With Spicy Leek and Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 medium leeks, split lengthwise, sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 3⁄4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 minute.
- Add leeks; sauté until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes; stir 1 minute. Add wine and vinegar; bring to boil. Cover and cook until tomatoes break down, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 1/4 cups pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta, 1/2 cup reserved pasta liquid, and 3/4 cup cheese to sauce in skillet.
- Toss over medium-high heat until sauce coats pasta, adding more liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, passing 1 cup cheese separately.