My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 medium leeks, split lengthwise, sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 1/4 lbs plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 3/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 minute.
- 2Add leeks; sauté until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add diced tomatoes; stir 1 minute. Add wine and vinegar; bring to boil. Cover and cook until tomatoes break down, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 1/4 cups pasta cooking liquid.
- 5Add pasta, 1/2 cup reserved pasta liquid, and 3/4 cup cheese to sauce in skillet.
- 6Toss over medium-high heat until sauce coats pasta, adding more liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, passing 1 cup cheese separately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Spicy Leek and Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 691.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar