Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
A quick and delicious recipe from Judith Jones' wonderful new book, "The Pleasures of Cooking for One".
- 2 -3 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 scallions, sliced fairly thin
- 1 splash vodka
- 2 -3 slices smoked salmon
- 3 -4 tablespoons heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- scattering of chopped fresh parsley
- While the linguine is boiling, melt the butter in a small wok or a medium skillet. Toss in the scallions, and saute gently for 1 minute, stirring. Splash in the vodka and let it cook down a little.
- Tear or cut the salmon into small bite-sized pieces, and stir them into the sauce. Pour in the cream and bring to a simmer. When the linguine is done al dente, scoop it up with a spider and tongs, letting the water drain off, and mix it in with the sauce. Grind pepper generously over the pasta and stir in the capers and parsley, then spoon it all up into a warm bowl.