Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Coup de Pouce. Only 10 minutes of cooking. Something fast to do for a weeknight.
- 453.59 g linguine
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml dry onion flakes
- 300 g package frozen asparagus, thawed and cut in pieces of 3/4 inch
- 2 (270 g) packagesmoked salmon fillets, flaked (type Atkins) or 255.14 g slivered smoked salmon, cut in straps
- 236.59 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan with boiling salted water, cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and put back in the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring to boil heavy cream and dry onion flakes.
- Add asparagus and smoked salmon, cook at low heat until warm.
- Remove from the heat, add 1/2 cup of parmigiano reggiano and stir. Add salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to the pasta and stir to coat well.
- Sprinkle each serving with remaining parmigiano reggiano.
This is just too good to be so fast. The sauce and salmon is waiting and hot when the pasta is ready. I used lemon pepper linguine with mixed veggies in place of the asparagus which worked very well for me. I did use fat free half & half in place of the heavy cream. Yummmm.
Superb!! I made this last night as I was in need of a quick meal. This was not only quick but mighty tastey. I forgot the dry oinons I dont think it really needed it after all. I used gortons smoked salmon from the freezer section out of convience. I baked it in the oven and flaked it when it was done. Added to warmed white sauce with cheese. I also used a mix of asiago and reggiano cheese. As that's what I had on hand. Thanks for posting it made a lovely meal. Made for 123 Hits.
This was soooo rich and delicious! And to sweeten the deal, it was really easy to boot! I used a bundle of fresh pencil-thin asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces and lightly steamed. For the salmon, I used about 1/2 lb of smoked wild sockeye salmon. I didn't measure the cheese, but I'm sure I used more than it called for--we love it cheesy! This is absolutely not diet food (though I might make it with a lower-fat substitute for all that cream next time, which will help). It is, however, a fabulous treat! Thanks so much for posting, Boomette! Made for Holiday Tag Game.