Prep1 hr 15 mins
Linguine al Gamberi alla Veneta, from 1,000 Italian Recipes; Michele Scicolone
Make and share this Linguine With Shrimp, Venetian Style recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry; cut each shrimp into ½ inch pieces.
- Add oil to a skillet large enough to hold all of the cooked pasta.
- Add in garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper; cook over medium heat until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and a big pinch of salt; cook/stir until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add in lemon juice and wine; bring to a simmer; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley; remove from heat.
- Bring at least 4 quarts water to boil in a big pot.
- Add in 2 tablespoons salt, then the pasta; stir well, gently pushing the pasta down until it is completely covered with water.
- Cook over high heat, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente; drain pasta, reserving some cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss over high heat 1 minute until well mixed.
- Add a little of the cooking water, if needed.
- Remove the ginger; serve immediately.
This is a super quick meal full of wonderful flavors. I reduced the recipe for 1 serving omitted the red pepper flakes and added some chopped Calamata olives and a little butter, other than that made as written. Thanks for posting this great recipe. Made for ratherbeswimmin's win of the Football Pool, week 2. Thanks!