Recipe by Go Gators
This is a quick recipe from our local grocery store's (Giant) 5 in 30 Meal Solutions. In a pinch I've also made this with italian style refrigerated grilled chicken strips (like Perdue) instead of the shrimp. Serve with a tossed salad and some italian bread for great weeknight meal.
Top Review by American in Paris
This was very good and easy to make. The sauce is thin which is fine with my family, but for those of you who like a thicker sauce, you might want to add some tomato paste. I will be making this again----thanks!
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 4 garlic cloves, fresh, finely chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost shrimp under cold running water 3-5 minutes. Pat Dry.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on low in large skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute (do not brown).
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes on medium.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook and additional 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze lemon juice over top.
- Toss with cooked pasta.