Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light pasta dish with plenty of shrimp, garlic, and lemon. I have reduced the amount of lemon and salt from the original recipe to suit my DBF's tastes. The leftovers are just as good heated up in the microwave the next day.
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 340.19 g linguine
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- 36.97 ml olive oil
- 22.18 ml minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 453.59 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16 shrimp)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice (1 1/2 lemons)
- 0 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 0.59 ml hot red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily!
- Add the shrimp, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot.
- Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
Yum yum yum! Made this tonight and we couldn't get enough! I did add a few things. some basil and a few handfuls of spinach at the end for some veggies. This is definitely going in the permanent file!
Made this tonight and it was very tasty. As someone with high blood pressure, I like that the salt has been reduced in it. It was plenty salty, and I might cut the salt back even a bit more. As other reviewers have said, it needs more shrimp if you're serving my crew (two teenage boys and a husband) and white wine would probably add something nice to the sauce. I also added some peas for color and some veggies. You could probably add carrots or broccoli too..... Sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top also.
I made this last night for my family and we all enjoyed it. I thought the shrimp were delicious and my daughter liked the pasta quite a bit. I did use bow tie pasta rather than linguine. My boyfriend is lactose intolerant so I used Smart Balance light "butter" rather than regular butter. I was concerned it might not cook just right, but it worked beautifully. Overall I thought the pasta needed something a little more in the way of sauce. It was lemony (and I like lemon) but thought it would be made much better with some Parmesan cheese. As a previous reviewer suggested I did use 1.5 lbs of shrimp and adjusted other measurements accordingly. I'll definitely make this again, but may fiddle with the sauce a bit next time, maybe adding some white wine.