1/4 Photos of Linguine With Shrimp Scampi - Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten
This is a light pasta dish with plenty of shrimp, garlic, and lemon. I have reduced the amount of lemon and salt from the original recipe to suit my DBF's tastes. The leftovers are just as good heated up in the microwave the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 3/4 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16 shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 1/2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- 2Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- 3Add the garlic, saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily!
- 4Add the shrimp, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 5Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
- 6Toss to combine.
- 7When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot.
- 8Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Shrimp Scampi - Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 221.5 mg
- Sodium 1452.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of