Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Linguine With Shrimp, Garlic, and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 T water
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a big pot.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels, then season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and sugar.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over med-high heat until just beginning to brown.
- Add shrimp, spread into single layer, and cook without stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir shrimp and continue to cook until spotty brown and just pink at edges, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer shrimp to clean bowl, cover, and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons butter to skillet; melt over med-high heat.
- Add in onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and dissolved cornstarch mixture and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Add linguine and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water and cook, stirring often, until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain linguine and return linguine to pot.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, parsley, sauce, and reserved shrimp, including any accumulated juices, into linguine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding reserved pasta cooking water as needed to loosen sauce.
- Serve immediately.