Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick to make and delicious to eat!
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- In saucepan, mash tomatoes with juice; add tomato paste, half of basil, garlic, onion and oregano.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or til onion is tender and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add shrimp to saucepan.
- Cover and cook for about 3 minutes or just until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Cook linguine for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Toss with tomato sauce and remaining basil.