Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was adapted from Bon Appetit awhile back.
- 907.18 g uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 147.89 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 226.79 g cremini mushroom, sliced
- 226.79 g shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1814.36 g plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 354.88 ml chopped fresh basil
- 354.88 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- 453.59 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 473.18 ml grated parmesan cheese or 473.18 ml romano cheese
- 2 (453.59 g) package linguine, cooked al dente
- 29.58 ml parsley
- Salt and pepper the shrimp.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the shrimp in 3 Tbs oil about 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove shrimp using a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm.
- Add 4 tablespoons oil to same skillet and sauté mushrooms about 8 minutes until tender.
- Add tomatoes through red pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through; mix in both cheeses.
- Toss linquine with 3 Tbs oil to coat.
- Add mushroom-tomato mixture to pasta and toss.
- Transfer linguine to a serving bowl, top with shrimp and 2 Tbs parsley.
This was really tasty and fairly easy to make. It ended up a little bit dry and difficult to toss, but because I quartered the recipe and altered it a bit (using small cooked shrimp) I may have messed up the oil quantities a bit. All in all very tasty.
OOHHH this is outstanding! I halved the recipe for the 2 of us and it made four generous servings. I love shrimp but they really are not necessary for this dish- so if you have a family member who does not like shrimp you can make this and just add the shrimp on the plates of those who want it. I can't wait for tomorrows lunch!